The Library will be reopening to the public on
Monday, March 27, 2023 at 10:00 a.m.
Library Patron Safety Protocol – Strict Compliance
Tooele City’s goal is to provide a library environment that is safe, secure, positive, productive, and pleasant for our personnel and patrons. Library policies regarding patron conduct are in place to support this goal. Persons whose conduct violates these policies adversely affect the library experience and environment for personnel and patrons.
Due to ongoing and escalating challenges impacting the library, Mayor Debbie Winn and Director Jami Carter will be implementing a Strict Compliance Protocol for library policy violations and a Temporary Emergency Facility Entrance Policy for Minors. This will be effective immediately.
Temporary Emergency Facility Entrance/Access Policy for Minors
(effective upon Library reopening through May 27, 2023)
- Minors under the age of ten (10) must be accompanied and adequately supervised on premise by a parent, a legal guardian, or other adult individual accepting responsibility for the minor.
- Minors between the ages of ten (10) and eighteen (18) must be accompanied and adequately supervised on premise by a parent or a legal guardian. Alternatively, the minor may be allowed entrance/access if a written authorization and acceptance of responsibility is on file with the library, signed by a parent or legal guardian (form provided by library personnel).
- Patron will be refused entrance to the building if proof of age (18 or older) cannot be provided upon request.
- The Library Director has some limited discretion to consider and adapt to unusual or urgent circumstances in implementing and enforcing this Facility Entrance/Access Policy for Minors.
- Signs will be posted at the Library entrance announcing this policy.
Until we re-open on March, 27, 2023, our staff will be at the Library during normal operating hours. You can call or email for assistance.
We encourage you to visit our e-collection during this time.